This post contains affiliate links to products that I use personally to make pressure cooker meals.
Have you heard of the Instant Pot? My friends have spent the last year raving about the magical dinner time abilities of this kitchen gadget. But honestly, I was very skeptical about buying one more thing to clutter up my kitchen. I had big questions about cost, usefulness and what kind of pressure cooker meals that I could cook.
Will an Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Make Cooking Easier?
An Instant Pot is an electric pressure cooker. An electric pressure cooker is more user-friendly than its traditional cousin the stove top pressure cooker. The stove top pressure cooker might give you nightmares of blowing up your kitchen, but the electric pressure cooker is much safer and monitors the pressure in the cooker automatically. An electric pressure cooker is hands off like a slow cooker but it cooks everything MUCH FASTER.
You can throw your dinner into the pot and then walk away which is perfect for busy Moms! Pressure cooker meals will give you more time to help with homework, fold the laundry, cuddle sweet children or drink wine. And, the best part is that it beeps when it is done cooking, so you don’t have to worry about keeping up with time.
Pressure Cooker Meals
You can cook almost anything in the Instant Pot. I love pressure cooker meals! I have cooked everything from soft boiled eggs to cheesecake to roast. The first two weeks that I owned my Instant Pot, I cooked 21 pressure cooker recipes. Yes, I cook in my Instant Pot multiple times a day. It is just so quick and easy! Here are links to my favorite Instant Pot meals.
The Instant Pot has a super easy to clean stainless steel insert. I have been surprised at how easy it is to wipe out the insert. I rarely have to scrub it. Because of all of the moisture during pressure cooking, food does not burn to the insert which makes cleaning so much easier than the slow cooker. Fast clean up makes meal time better!
No Need To Thaw
That’s right, you can cook everything from frozen chicken breasts to full freezer meals in the Instant Pot from frozen. The Instant Pot takes a few extra minutes to come to pressure, but the entire cooking process is faster than thawing a meal or meat.
The Instant Pot solves your problem when you realize you have nothing thawed and need dinner quick!
- Recipes Featuring Cooking Times- Many recipes for the Instant Pot advertise quick cook times. While it is true that the cook time for frozen chicken is 15 minutes that does not include the time it takes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure or release pressure. So the whole process really takes closer to 35 minutes.
- Oatmeal- You cannot cook more than a single serving of oatmeal in an Instant Pot. I still cook my Steel Cut Oats in my slow cooker.
- Slow Cooker Function- It is true that the Instant Pot has a Slow Cooker function, but it will not replace your slow cooker. However, everything I used to cook in the slow cooker I now cook in my Instant Pot; because, the cooking time is shorter and the flavor is better. (Except Oatmeal see note above)
Why buy an Instant Pot brand Electric Pressure Cooker?
- Instant Pot‘s customer service has a great reputation for helping you solve any technical issues you might have with your electric pressure cooker. I always feel more comfortable purchasing an item with good customer service backup.
- FB Groups– FB groups share recipes, solve problems, and answer questions specifically for the Instant Pot.
- Amazing Freezer Meal Plans from Once A Month Meals. I love Once A Month Meals because the recipes are tested and organized for you. They also love the Instant Pot and are constantly creating new recipes.
Find The Right Instant Pot
There are five types of Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cookers. Which one is right for you?
Instant Pot 5 Quart IP-Lux50 – perfect for cooking for one or two people.
Instant Pot 6 Quart IP-Lux60– great for regularly cooking for a family of five. It does not include a Yogurt setting and has a different lid than the 6 Quart Duo.
Instant Pot 6 Quart IP-Duo 60 -includes all of the features of the Lux60 but also has a Yogurt setting and has amazing lid holders on the pot. This is the Instant Pot I own.
Instant Pot IP-Smart Bluetooth Enabled Pressure Cooker– Includes everything the IP-Duo60 has plus it can be controlled through an app on your Apple or Android device.
Instant Pot IP-Duo80– for large families or cooking for large crowds.
The Instant Pot is a valuable addition to your kitchen. I know you will love it! Be the cool friend and share this post, so everyone can discover the awesomeness of making pressure cooker meals in the Instant Pot.
Disclosure: Simple Hacks Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com