Don’t let your crazy schedule keep you from enjoying the holidays! These easy holiday recipes, gingerbread house building tips, cleaning and meal planning tips will help you rock the holidays without feeling overwhelmed in the kitchen!
Easy Holiday Recipes
Easy Holiday Breakfast Recipes
Easy Homemad Food Gift
Holiday Party Cocktail
Easy Baking Tips
Easy Gingerbread House Building Tips
- Looking for a kit? The best kit that I have used over the years is Aldi’s Gingerbread House Kit. All of the gingerbread house pieces are pre cut and the assembly is easy.
- Don’t want to use a kit but don’t want to bake gingerbread? Graham crackers work well.
- Tired of your house falling apart? You have spent hours with your child building a gingerbread house, and then it crumbles and YOU CRUMBLE. If you have no intention of eating your gingerbread house then hot glue it. You can use icing for decorations and even to cover the hot glue, but when you assemble the house forget the icing and go with hot glue.
- Hate trying to outline doors and windows? Decorate the windows, doors and roof with the gingerbread house pieces flat then assemble the house.
- Got legos? Legos make an easy unique addition to a gingerbread house. You can use single studs as lights around the roof, minifigures to make a scene, or bricks to build a Christmas tree.
Easy Holiday Kitchen Cleaning Secrets
- Parchment paper, parchment paper, parchment paper! Makes cleanup a snap! Just make sure to cut your piece at least an inch longer than your cookie sheet to make sure none of those treats accidently spill onto your cookie sheet.
- Silpat! Are you looking for a longer term solution than parchment paper? A silpat is awesome! It is a silicone baking pad that NOTHING can stick to. I have cooked the stickiest treats with easy clean up.
- Crockpot liners are the best ever! If you are making an easy amazing slow cooker dip for a party then you should also make clean up easy. The best way to do that is with crockpot liners!
- Coconut oil is a great non stick solution. Need to grease a pan? You don’t have to reach for the can of cooking spray! Coconut oil works great and has so many more household uses!
Meal Planning During The Holidays
You can’t live on cookies and fudge during the entire month of December. And, extra baking duties can make it hard to keep dinner on the table. These tips will help you balance the fun of baking with the need for dinner.
- Prepare 5 Freezer Meals to help on the busiest nights!
- Cook meals that are ready in 15 minutes!
- Plan crockpot meals with this free planning sheet and list of 25+ recipes.
- Get organized with a Meal Planning Made Easy Kit.
A few easy holiday recipes and tips will help you enjoy special time in your kitchen.