Crockpot Chicken Fajitas are a cheap and easy slow cooker recipe. Easy crockpot meals are a great solution for busy nights. You will love the easy prep and clean up of this slow cooker chicken fajita recipe.
Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
Crockpot Chicken Fajitas are so easy you won’t miss eating out! And you’ll save money making this at home instead of eating out. In my area, the best prices for chicken are found at Aldi. This recipe can be made with boneless skinless thighs (super cheap) or boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenders (slightly more money per pound but perfect if you prefer white meat).
When it comes to slow cooker cooking cheap is best! In the end, the cheaper fattier cuts will produce juicy meat that is much more moist. If you have found your chicken is too dry when cooking crockpot meals, you should try switching from white meat to dark meat. Dark meat chicken has a little more fat, so it cooks up great in the crockpot AND you’ll save money.
Meal Planning Made Easier
Do you struggle with prepping your crockpot meals. Crockpot Chicken Fajitas are an easy prep meal. You just slice your ingredients and dump into the crockpot. And you have several options about when to prep this meal.
- Pre-Prep- You can prep this recipe the night before. Simply slice meat and veggies and add everything into a gallon baggie or storage bowl. Make sure to mix the oil and spices to cover entire recipe before refrigerating.
- Freezer- If you have time to prep this now but don’t want to eat it until later, freezing prepped ingredients is a great solution. Label a gallon baggie with the name of the recipe and the date you prepped it. You can also add cook time to keep things easy. Dump all ingredients into your baggie mixing oil and spices well with the chicken and veggies. And freeze! On the day you would like to cook your Crockpot Chicken Fajitas simply thaw and dump into the crockpot.
- Crockpot Meal Planning Sheet-Use the free printable Crockpot Meal Planning Sheet to stay organized about the cook times and when to start your crockpot meals this week.
- Meal Planning Made Easy-Are you ready to get organized and save money with meal planning but don’t know where to get started? The Meal Planning Made Easy Kit are the printables that have cut my food budget by 40% and help me easily keep dinner on the table every night.
Crockpot Chicken Fajitas are an easy dump crockpot chicken recipe.
- 2 lbs Chicken sliced, boneless skinless thighs or breasts
- 2 large Bell Peppers sliced
- 1 medium Onion sliced
- 1 tbl Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
Place a crockpot liner in your 5 quart slow cooker.
Add sliced chicken to crockpot.
Pour oil and seasonings over chicken and stir.
Add onion then bell peppers.
Cook on High for 4 hours.
Do you love your crockpot and are looking for more recipe ideas? Here are great resources for yummy easy crockpot recipes.