This blog post contains affiliate links to products that I personally used to make this Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oatmeal awesome.
Are you a morning person? Uggh! Can you say caffeine, please! I am so not a morning person! My kids on the other hand love mornings and love a hot breakfast. This super easy crockpot Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oatmeal is a breakfast hero. Take 5 minutes before bed to prep it and like magic you have a yummy hot overnight oatmeal ready when you wake up in the morning. And the best part is thanks to crockpot liners clean up is even faster.
One consistent problem with cooking overnight oatmeal is that it can burn around the edges. In an effort to solve this problem, I have tried different temperatures, times, and even buttering the inside of the crockpot, but nothing helped until I tried Coconut Oil.
Crockpot liners are the best thing to happen to the slow cooker. The great thing about crock pot meals is that they are easy, fast to prep, and magically cook your meals with very little involvement. If you have an easy meal then you also need an easy cleanup! And crockpot liners are your solution. You literally tie them off and toss in the trash.
Stop Wasting Your Energy On Dishes
Perfect Oatmeal and Quick Clean Up! Before adding your Blueberry Muffin Oatmeal ingredients insert a crockpot liner and rub the liner with 1 tablespoon of COCONUT OIL. Coconut oil is amazing for creating a non-stick situation. Trust me, you need these two products in your life. I won’t even consider making overnight slow cooker oats if I don’t have both of them on hand!
Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oatmeal is a perfect recipe to keep in your meal planning rotation. If you LOVE cooking in your crockpot then another great solution to your busy schedule is quick and easy freezer cooking.
An easy crockpot overnight oatmeal recipe.
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Steel Cut Oats
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups Milk I use Coconut
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Blueberries Fresh or Frozen
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Butter for topping We use vegan
1. Place a crockpot liner in your slow cooker
2. Rub 1 Tbl of coconut oil on crockpot liner to prevent sticking and burning.
3. Add Steel Cut Oats, Sugar, Vanilla, Milk, Water, and Blueberries. Gently stir ingredients.
4. Cook for 8 to 10 hours on low.
5. Your oatmeal will look separated after cooking. That is completely normal! Simply give it a good stir to combine all of your ingredients.
6. Mix Brown Sugar and Cinnamon together. Sprinkle on top of each serving. Serve with butter if desired.
Once you are done with the oatmeal you just throw away the liner, and you are ready to start your day! Leftover oatmeal refrigerates well and can be heated the next day for a yummy breakfast.
Do you love overnight oatmeal made in the crockpot?
You will love the complete guide to overnight crockpot oatmeal recipes. It includes
- 15 Amazing Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal Recipes
- What to do with leftovers (even if you only eat a single serving)
- How to prep freezer Overnight Oatmeal
Love your slow cooker? You will love this list of easy crockpot meals.
You are busy! Your schedule is full and meal time can be really hard some days. Looking for more meal solutions? Then let’s keep in touch! Sign up below with your email address to receive more recipes and kitchen tips.
Disclosure: Simple Hacks Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com