This post contains affiliate links that help me make good easy dinner recipes.
How are you supposed to make it to baseball practice, gymnastics and cook dinner? You need the fastest easiest dinner recipes! If you tired of ordering off the dollar menu and eating in the car then you need to try these good easy dinner recipes that are faster and cheaper than fast food.
7 Meals Faster and Cheaper Than Fast Food
The Good Easy Dinner Recipe Plan
One of the best ways to kiss the drive through good-bye is to have a plan. You don’t have time for a complicated plan, but you need an easy plan that fits into your life. You need to make sure you keep staple foods on hand so you can make these easy family dinners. The Meal Planning Made Easy Kit has all of the instructions and printables you need for
- grocery shopping faster
- organizing staple foods
- planning easy meals
Eggs, Toast and Sausage Brinner
- Eggs are so fast to prepare! You can scramble, fry or quickly soft boil eggs.
- Add variety with cinnamon raisin toast or toast with peanut butter.
- Frozen sausage is ready in one minute in the microwave.
Meat, Cheese and Hummus Board
- Meat, cheese, and hummus boards are a protein-packed quick and easy meal.
- Cut two to three cheeses. Check the deli section of your grocery store for a wide variety.
- Salamis, lunchmeat, or pulled rotisserie chicken pair well with cheese.
- Premade hummus with chopped veggies and crackers also work well for on the go.
- Brown Your favorite Ground Meat and Add Taco Seasoning
- You can even make homemade Taco Seasoning in a minute.
- Let everyone build their own Taco Salad with their favorite ingredients. Such as avocado, sour cream, salsa, tortilla chips, pico, guacamole, cheese, beans, or jalapenos.
15 minute Sloppy Joes
- Forget the canned sauce this is a 15-minute recipe for Homemade Sloppy Joes.
- Don’t have bread? No worries you can also serve this on a salad or in a tortilla.
- Pick your favorite beans. This works great with canned refried beans or black beans.
- Got leftover Mexican food? An easy way to use up miscellaneous Mexican food is to make it into nachos.
- Make one giant cookie sheet of nachos. Simply warm up the nachos under the broiler. Keep a close eye anytime you use the broiler. Food tends to go from done to burnt in a matter of seconds.
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil to make the clean up extra fast.
- You can make a quesadilla with lunchmeat, leftover chicken, taco meat or just cheese.
- Make this quesadilla extra tasty with leftover roasted veggies.
- You can cook your quesadilla either in a nonstick skillet over medium heat or under the broiler on low.
Easy Lo Mein
- Easy non-greasy lo mein that your family will love-Easy Lo Mein Recipe.
- This meal requires you to plan ahead for all of the needed ingredients.
- Purchase pre-chopped veggies or prepare the veggies the night before to make this recipe even easier.
The Clean Up
Good easy dinner recipes are great but they still dirty up your kitchen. And clean up can be a total bummer. If you have older kids get them involved. I tell my kids the faster we get cleaned up the more time we have for fun things. I also use these Easy Kitchen Cleaning Secrets to keep my kitchen clean and keep the dishes from piling up.
Good Easy Dinner Recipes That Take A Little Longer
On nights that you have closer to 30 minutes to cook dinner, but still need something easy to cook and clean up. Try these one pot dishes.
A Couple More Ideas
I use two more tools to keep good easy dinner recipes on the table. One of them is freezer cooking. If you don’t have all weekend to make freezer meals use these easy tips to keep a few great freezer meals around for days that you don’t have time to cook.
I also use an Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker. I have found that it is the fastest easiest way to provide easy meals for my family. Curious? You can check out this complete guide to the Instant Pot.